by the Shire of Toodyay, Old Toodyay and Newcastle
is a local history of the Toodyay district where one of the
earliest settlements in Western Australia was located. Situated
in the Avon Valley 85 kilometres north east of Perth, Old
Toodyay refers to the original township which went into decline
and was replaced by Newcastle several miles up stream. Newcastle
was renamed Toodyay in 1911, the name it continues to be called
Erickson Old Toodyay and Newcastle
Toodyay Shire Council, WA, 1974.
Please note: The content on this website is made available for archival purposes and may not meet the State Library of Western Australia's current standards for web accessibility, mobile device compatibility, historical accuracy and cultural sensitivity.