Plains Shire Council commissioned a local history to celebrate
their centenary of local government. The Victoria Plains
traces the early exploration of the area in 1836 and its development
into a prosperous farming and pastoral region. In 1871, when
local government was created, the boundaries of the district
extended from the Indian Ocean in the west to the South Australian
border in the east, and from Carnamah in the north to Bolgart
in the south.
Erickson The Victoria Plains
Lamb Paterson, Perth, 1971.
Please note: The content on this website is made available for archival purposes and may not meet the State Library of Western Australia's current standards for web accessibility, mobile device compatibility, historical accuracy and cultural sensitivity.